While the cat’s away at Pet Connection…

October 12, 2010

So, Gina’s going on vacation, and we all know what that means, right?

Seriously, I’m the good cop. Right up until my head explodes, which people tell me is amusing. If you need anything, just holler! And let’s not blow up the blog or she’ll never be able to go away again!

Filed under: administration — Christie Keith @ 6:32 pm

1. hahaha!!

Comment by Mary Mary — October 12, 2010 @ 7:56 pm

2. I want equal time for Cavalier Connection.

Comment by Kim Thornton — October 12, 2010 @ 8:23 pm

3. Go Christie!!

Comment by Vicky — October 12, 2010 @ 8:36 pm

4. Christie, You had that logo VERY handy. Just waiting for the exact moment.

Mutiny calls. ;)

Comment by Ericka — October 12, 2010 @ 8:47 pm

5. Yeah, it did seem pretty quick how that logo came up huh? LOL!

Comment by Sandi K — October 12, 2010 @ 9:05 pm

6. What about pibble connection

Comment by Cindy Steinle — October 13, 2010 @ 7:01 am

7. Get in line, Cindy. Kim and I are ahead of you. She’s lobbying for Cavalier Connection, and I’m currently scheming to take over and make it Dachshund Connection. Ingrid, of course, would make it Cat Connection, and Liz would lobby for Aussie Connection. I’m not sure what Ericka would do, since she has such a menagerie. My personal fear is she would make it iPad Connection.

Comment by David S. Greene — October 13, 2010 @ 8:28 am

8. Ya know … I AM taking my laptop … and I’ll be watching …

Comment by Gina Spadafori — October 13, 2010 @ 8:32 am

9. David wrote: “My personal fear is she would make it iPad Connection.”

Word.

Comment by Christie Keith — October 13, 2010 @ 9:55 am

10. Christie, I love the logo on top! :)

Comment by Evelyn — October 13, 2010 @ 10:05 am

11. I’m sort of on a blogger tour: Before I get back I’ll see Heather Houlahan of “Raised By Wolves,” Patrick Burns of “Terrierman” and also our own Mary Cvetan, rabbit expert extraordinaire. And mostly, Glenye Oakford of “Full Cry,” who is my host for a week!

I talk to and exchange e-mails with these folks fairly regularly, but have never met in person.

Also spending time Minnesota with my dog-in-laws Katie and Alyce (a/k/a Verde) who have Parker and Dooley, respectively, my FayBee’s littermates and McKenzie’s puppies. (Katie’s Zin is their dad, and I’ll see him, too!)

If you’re near Rochester MN on Friday the 22nd, Katie has arranged a book-signing at Leashes and Leads. I try very very hard to avoid public events — that’s Dr. Becker’s job! — but I can’t say no to my dog-in-law. :)

Comment by Gina Spadafori — October 13, 2010 @ 10:28 am

12. David, you know it sounds good! (just searched and that domain was registered Jan 10th… darn)

;) wink

Comment by Ericka Basile — October 13, 2010 @ 10:36 am

13. Gina, you have courage going to see Heather Houlahan? You might have to have some “snappy” comebacks from what I read in the comment section. I do think you are up to the task, though.

Happy vacation to you!

Comment by Evelyn — October 13, 2010 @ 11:27 am

14. So if Dr. Becker were in charge would it be the “Almost Heaven Connection”?

Comment by Verde — October 13, 2010 @ 11:34 am

15. I guess Fizz & I are chopped liver since we didn’t get a mention on the cavalcade of visitees.

Comment by Amy — October 13, 2010 @ 7:33 pm

16. Happy trails, Gina – enjoy meeting with everyone!

I am voting for…
    Chupacabra Connection
    but I am pretty sure I am an outlier on that one.

Comment by Dr. Tony Johnson — October 14, 2010 @ 3:17 am

17. Amy, I’d visit you and Fizz if I some day decided that I needed a trip to Ohio.

Comment by David S. Greene — October 14, 2010 @ 5:41 am

18. I love chopped liver.

No slight intended, Amy. The day before travel I am simply not in my right mind. Ask anyone.

Comment by Gina Spadafori — October 14, 2010 @ 6:06 am

19. No slight taken, Gina…cause I know how much you like chopped liver!!

And FWIW, I think chupacabra is one of the best words (and scary, unknown thing) ever!

Comment by Amy — October 14, 2010 @ 8:46 am

20. almost as scary as: “Dr. Tony Johnson.”

Comment by Gina Spadafori — October 14, 2010 @ 9:11 am

21. Yay! Skinny dog time! More sighthound stories please. You should have seen how fast I dumped my family and took my greyhound over to meet a group of people walking a wolfhound, whippet, greyhound/saluki mix and a chinese crested.

Comment by kb — October 17, 2010 @ 12:27 pm